Hire Elite Tree Care for insurance-approved tree trimming in Los Angeles! Our goal is to provide safe and healthy trees for your property and for our community. We are a team of highly qualified arborists who take pride in our work. Our certified arborists have years of experience and are committed to providing commercial and residential clients with the highest level of service! Protect your trees – let us do the work!
Do you need a tree to be removed but are not sure if it’s protected? Elite Tree Services can help. We’ve got vast arboricultural experience and understand the need to preserve natural bush.
What Is A Protected Tree?
Do you have a tree that needs to be removed, but is unsure if it is protected? A protected tree is one that has been designated as such by state or local government.
Protected trees fall into three categories:
- Heritage Trees – Heritage trees are an exceptional species or variety of plants and are considered to be of historical interest, due to their age, size, condition, or rarity value.
- Significant Trees – A significant tree can be any type of tree with special characteristics, such as old growth coniferous forest -old oak in your backyard that shades your house during hot summer days. These trees may also qualify for landmark status because they are large enough and have been around long enough for people to notice them (and appreciate them).
- Shade Trees – Shade trees are those types that provide shade over wide areas; usually, large deciduous hardwoods such as oaks and maples are the most common examples of shade trees.
If a tree is designated as a protected tree, it means that you must first get permission from the local government before removing it. You may need to seek an arborist’s advice on how best to remove the protected tree without doing any damage to other trees in the area. If you have a tree that is dying or dead, it can be removed without permission from the local government.
What Are The Most Common Protected Trees In California?
Protected trees are those that have been designated as such by the city of Los Angeles. These trees can’t be trimmed or otherwise disturbed without a permit, so it’s important to know which ones fall into this category. Some common protected trees include:
- Oak Trees
- Redwood Trees
- Pine Trees
- Palm Trees
- Cypress Trees (Trees With Cones)
- Willow Trees
How Do I Know If I Can Remove A Protected Tree?
Before you start chopping down your protected trees, it’s important to understand what “protected” means. In many cities, including Los Angeles and San Diego, California has designated certain trees as protected. These locales have ordinances in place that protect species such as oaks and sycamores because they are crucial to the ecosystem of the area. If you want to remove one of these trees or simply trim its branches off, you must get permission from both your local municipality and the state government before doing so. The laws are in place to protect these trees because they are vital to the local ecosystem.
If you are caught chopping down or damaging a protected tree without permission, you can face fines and even jail time. The penalties vary depending on your location, but they are never pleasant.
How Is A Protected Tree Removed?
In order to remove a protected tree in California, you will need to obtain a permit from the city where you live. Then it is recommended that you hire an arborist who has proper licensing and training. In addition to obtaining proper licensing for your state’s standards, it is also important that these arborists have experience working with protected trees to ensure they do not harm them during removal processes.
The best way to avoid having protected trees removed is to hire an experienced arborist who will be able to identify them and work safely around them.
Elite Tree Care Protected Tree Trimming Services
Elite Tree Care is a leading provider of protected tree trimming services. We have been in business for years and have a reputation for quality workmanship. As an Elite Tree Care customer, you can rest assured that we will provide nothing less than the best service available.
Our trained experts are capable of completing any job, no matter how big or small it may be. They have extensive experience in performing all types of tree care services, including:
- Properly pruning trees to allow them to grow at their most natural rate while preserving their health;
- Protecting existing trees from disease and pest infestations;
- Removing dead branches from healthy trees, so they can grow more strongly;
- Cleaning up debris after storms or other natural occurrences like ice storms or earthquakes and removing trees that are hazardous to your home and property.
Our goal is to help you maintain the health of your trees, so they can provide years of beauty, shade, and valuable wildlife habitat for your family. We are also able to offer you a variety of other services including Stump grinding, tree removal in Los Angeles, and emergency tree care.
When it comes to tree trimming and pruning, we at Elite Tree Care know how to get the job done right. We have years of experience and a team of experts that can help you with any protected tree trimming projects.
Our business is built on referrals from happy customers, and we take pride in our reputation for quality workmanship. If you are looking for a company that will provide you with high-quality service at affordable prices, then look no further than us!